Archaeological Museum of Aegion
The museum is housed in the building of the
old town market of Aigion, which was designed by E. Ziller and built in 1890.
The collections of the museum include finds dating from
the Neolithic to the Late Roman periods.
The most important items of the exhibition are:
Fruitstand with painted decoration: It was found at
the Neolithic settlement of Sylivaina at Krathion and dates from the Middle Neolithic
period (6000 B.C.).
Three-handled pithos-amphora dated to the second
half of the 15th century B.C.
Necklace of cornelian and glass-paste beads dated
to the 14th-13th century B.C.
Corinthian krater bearing painted representations
of sphinxes and an eagle. Dated to 690 B.C.
Antefix decorated with a painted palmette, from the
Archaic temple at Aigira. Dated to 500 B.C.
Clay sima with painted decoration: It belonged to
the Archaic temple at Aigira and is dated to 500 B.C.
Marble statue of Aigiochos dated to the 1st century